Monday, August 3, 2009

Q&A: Pretty Little Fings

This week, the Ballston A&C Market interviews Pang from Pretty Little Fings, one of the best plushers in the business.

1). Pang, you are my plush hero. Please tell us the story behind your name, “Pretty Little Fings.”
Why thanks, Jessica!! That's an honor. I really don't have a good story ... lame, I know. I really like it when children miss pronounces the word "thing" (they usually say "fing"). So, I started calling my plushies Fings. Then one day, one of my friends said, "Aww, this is such a pretty little fing," and it just clicked.

2). Pickles, and bats and whozits—oh my! Do you have a favorite little fing?
It's hard to choose because I love all of the Fings ... but, if I really had to, I would chose a new piece I'm currently working on, B the Button Monster. He sits in the corner of your closet and steals a button off of your shirt while you sleep so he could add it to his collection. The idea came from when my boyfriend kept finding that his shirts all had at least one button missing.

3). What three words would you use to describe your craft?
Quirky, cuddly, and radioactive ... um, just kidding about the radioactive part ... how about cute!

4). What do you like best: coming up with your ideas or actually executing them?
The best part is executing them. I always carry about a little notebook for doodling, so when I actually sit down and try to make the doodles come to life, it can be challenging to get it to look like the way I envisioned it.

5). Where can we find your craft outside the Ballston Arts & Crafts Market?
You can find the FINGS on Etsy (prettylittlefings.etsy.com). Currently, I have some plushies in Stitch Wars show and in October, I will be a part of Plush You in Seattle!

Extra-geeky question: Quick! What’s in your pockets right now?
70 cents!

Visit Pang in Booth #16 on Saturday, August 8th for all her super-radioactive, er ... I mean cute pretty little fings.

0 comments: