Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Q&A with Fast Snail


1). I like the name of your company, “Fast Snail.” It makes me smile. What's the story behind it?

I'm glad that it makes you smile, because that is one of the main reason that I do what I do! The informal motto at Fast Snail is "speed is relative." "Fast Snail®" is because we are moving forward, maybe seeming slow to others, but always forward.

2). I noticed on your website you have a lot of Washington D.C.-themed items. What I like about these items is that although they are all about D.C., they are not your typical touristy stuff. They are original and fun! Do you find visitors of the District enjoy these the most?

Interestingly, I sell most of these to people who live in the D.C. area. If not for themselves, many people buy the Washington-themed items as gifts for friends, relatives, and colleagues who have lived, visited, studied or worked in D.C. at some point or who are still in the area.

Like the Eiffel Tower and Paris, everyone has a great story about their connection to D.C. or affection for particular monuments. I love hearing them when I meet customers in person.

3). So Paris or D.C.?

Paris hands-down, but j'adore D.C.!

4). What three words would you use to describe your craft?

Thoughtful, fun, original.

5). Where can we find your craft outside the Ballston Arts & Crafts Market?

24-7 on my website, www.fastsnail.com

In several stores in the D.C. area:

A Show of Hands

Après Peau

The Artful Gift Shop

Crème de la Crème

Embellishments

inkthis

Name Droppers

The Picket Fence

Politics & Prose

PULP DC and later this summer, P-Town PULP in Massachusetts.

The Madeira School

I participate in several other fairs and markets during the year, and those are listed at fastsnail.com.

Bonus question: Quick! What’s in your pockets right now?

My phone and my glasses

0 comments: