Monday, July 5, 2010

Q&A with Holland Cox

1). I absolutely love the brilliant colors you use in your handmade bags and accessories. It was difficult, but I picked a favorite pattern: Sakura (ah, cherry blossoms!). Do you have a favorite pattern?

It's really hard for me to pick a favorite, because I usually love whatever I've gotten most recently the most. But, choosing from my current collection, I am really enamored of the dragon prints. I love that so many different colors can be paired with them, and I love how dramatic they are while still being quite elegant. (e.g. Chinese New Year envelope clutch and Purple Dragon Obi belt.)

2). How many years have you been in the craft biz?

December 2009 was my 5th Anniversary in business! But this March (2010) was my 1st Anniversary doing Holland Cox full time, and my 1st anniversary on Etsy.

3). Do you do custom orders to match an outfit, per say? If so, was the strangest custom order you ever had to fulfill?

I absolutely love doing custom orders ... fo

c

using on a single customer and making something just for them is very rewarding for me. I get all kinds of wacky suggestions from random people, but the most unusual custom or

der I actually completed was a set of envelope clutches for bridal party (six—they were all different) in silver and teal silks. It sounds crazy, but they turned out beautifully, and the brid

e told me her bridesmaids loved them.

4). What three words describe your art?

Colorful. Whimsical. Stylish.

5). Where can we find your craft outside the Ballston Arts & Crafts Market?

Online, Covet in Arlington and at a number of craft shows. I keep a running list on my blog.

Bonus question: So, ninja pandas or a yeti. Who would win?

Oh, definitely ninja pandas. Pandas seem sweet and docile, but they are crafty like that.

0 comments: