Monday, August 1, 2011

Q&A with Tsai-Fi

1). I LOVE your artwork. I’ve had an etsy crush on you for a long time! LOL! Where do you find your inspiration? 
I find my inspiration in many places, but I mostly look to fantasy movies and different Asian cultures for my inspiration. I am also very inspired by nature too.  

2). Your Birds & Butterflies necklace is absolutely stunning. And those Dust Bunnies figures are so cool! Do you have a favorite piece or design that you created? 
Thanks for the love! Yes, I definitely have a favorite. My Last Call design is my absolute fave because there is nothing more fun than a drunk mermaid in a martini glass. I have painted this design and created a vector design of it.  

3). What three words would you use to describe your craft?   
Art, Design and Illustration!

4). Please tell us a little bit about your background. Have you always been an artist? Is this a full-time gig for you?  
My background is in Toy Design. I have worked in the toy industry for 11 years.  Designing toys is my full-time gig. Tsai-fi is my creative outlet to express my personal passion for design.  

5). Where can we find your craft outside the Ballston Arts & Crafts Market?
Random Bonus Question: Who would win in a fight--a yeti or a ninja panda? 
A ninja panda of course. The Yeti is just a plain old Yeti not a ninja Yeti.

See Kim's awesome artwork in person at the next Ballston A&C Market on Saturday, August 13th!

0 comments: