Thursday, January 27, 2011

Q&A with Moonlight Bindery - From May 30, 2010

Thought I'd pull this interview up from May 30, 2010! Thanks, Katie!




1). The first time I saw your LEGO-based books I was completely delighted. How cool! Do you find that your fan base for these books is younger or does it mainly consist of folks who enjoy the nostalgia (like me!)?

It is a combination of both of those groups. I have young kids who want to grab them and start playing with them right away and older people who feel a nostalgia for the LEGO of their youth. There is also a subset of older fans who still actively play with LEGO!

2). Which type of books do you enjoy making the most?
The LEGO-based books are the most fun. The Coptic sewing style is time consuming but more interesting and challenging than some of the other binding styles I make. On the other hand, I enjoy pairing unique paper and cloth to make my case bound books. The photo albums I have started making with inset Verkade cards are a nice combination of case bound but with the extra detail of the inset art on the cover. I guess I like it all!

3). What three words would you use to describe your craft?
ExactingTactileFun!

4). Please tell us about your other shop on etsy, NotNewShop. Are vintage treasures another passion of yours?

The vintage interest stems from my youth following my mother to estate sales, antique stores and flea markets. It was her passion, but after a while it became mine too. I started out collecting inkwells and antique pens. It just sort of took off from there!

5). Where can we find your craft outside the Ballston Arts & Crafts Market?
I have an Etsy shopMoonlightBindery.com. I have also show at regional yearly craft fairs like Arts Star Craft Bazaar and Crafty Bastards.

Bonus question: So, ninja pandas or a yeti. Who would win?
Definitely yeti!

0 comments: